September 8, 2010

The baby moves out...

My little brother is all grown up... tonight he will sleep in his first apartment in a new city - away from home. If my heart is being pulled the way it is, I can't even imagine the pain my parents are in... sure there is pride and thankfulness that he has become such a great young man and is being diligent about his education, etc... but he has always been home. He's the last one to leave... my parents' life has now, once again, changed forever.... yes - all part of the cycle of life. But it still hurts. :)

Here are a few pictures as I'm feeling lonesome for my little brother tonight...  and praying for him as he moves on from UPEI to Dal tomorrow...On his way to an Industrial Engineer...! :)
Look how young he is... 

Not impressed with the camera following him around...


Lest I take any credit for the cool board - it's his... I was on skiis.... but we had fun! :)


Quite a few years ago...
 I was living in Halifax and they were over around Christmas time... 
and I may or may not have been a little clingy. ;)

Home for Christmas... a family game of Crokinole... 


I love this one!! so so much.


Having fun jumping PEI dunes... (yes, I *know* you're not supposed to climb on them...)


Poor kid... I went home for a week before starting University and he had to deal with me every day... and I wanted pictures... and poses... and stuff like this... this didn't happen frequently. :P


Cute, isn't he? :)


In his own world with his music... (self-taught)


More talent...


And... last one - eating at our family favorite place, Canton in Ch'town... the best eggrolls ever. 


Great. Now I'm craving Canton eggrolls and it will be Christmas before I get any!

1 comment:

  1. Been praying and thinking especially for your Mom and Dad this week........its hard to see each one of the children "grow up and move on".......but it is especially hard with "the baby"! May this time in Halifax be a real blessing to Lucas, and my Peter and Joy know a real sense of God's presence over the next few days and weeks! Love to you all! Cathie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you :)