September 10, 2012

Multitude Monday - #2

Thought this posted this morning - oops.

Another week filled with God's gifts!  Here are ten things from this past week I am thankful for:

11 - A rainy day on Tuesday to make it easier to leave our summer paradise and head home from the beach...

12 - One extra day with my brother and a few extra days with my parents! Unfortunately the reason was a sad one - one of my Dad's dear friends passed away after a long battle with cancer... but ... see #13

13 - My Dad's friend Mark U who left this world peacefully in his sleep and has spent just over a week in the presence of his Saviour! The textbook end to his type of cancer should have been so much worse... God is so kind and good. For Mark and for his family with him. No more cancer treatments, no more pain and discomfort, no more confusion and hurt... How he must be rejoicing! I attended his funeral, and I can only hope I leave such a positive impact and testimony with my co-workers and friends...

14 - A weekend at home and catch-up with some friends after a busy summer.

15 - Starting another bible study tonight!! We're starting Beth Moore's James: Mercy Triumphs. I'm really looking forward to it and hope I can be more faithful with my weekly homework to get the max out of this study. I expect to be encouraged yet greatly challenged... It will be nice to catch up with the girls again too!

16 - Headphones. After a summer greatly lacking in routine and bedtimes, yet including different beds and grandparents... I feel like I'm starting over with AJ's sleep habits... Headphones and music are going to come in handy this week while he "settles" for his naps!!  ;)  Better now than in January just before the baby comes and rocks his little world...

17 - Having a great report from my last ultrasound. Healthy baby and healthy me so far! Yay!

18 - Feeling our baby move more and more... this is the fun part and makes it so much more real.

19 - Being able to enjoy coffee again... it's such a comfort drink for me.

20 - FALL!! According to my trusty iPhone app, it's 11 degrees right now and is supposed to hit a high of 19 today with only 59% humidity. I'm in jeans and a sweatshirt - my FAVORITE uniform! :D  It's supposed to get up to 27 degrees with 88% humidity (feeling like 33) on Thursday, but I'll enjoy the cooler temps while it lasts. Mmmm.... I think a visit to Starbucks might be in order today...

1 comment:

  1. i love your list :). and i'm SO excited about #16-18! especially your good ultrasound report :D. baby bliss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you :)