June 3, 2011

This is the life...

No - no baby yet.

And while I'm a tad bit impatient to meet this little June Bug, I must say I'm enjoying my freedom and these beautiful sunny warm days! Tuesday was a bit too (!!) hot and humid for me (with the humidity it felt like 40 degrees C - ugh.), but the rest of the days have been perfect.

Tuesday I took advantage of my freedom and drove to Bradford (about 45 minutes away through the countryside) to meet up with two ladies I previously worked with. They are dear friends that I don't get to see very often so we really enjoyed our visit. Not to mention the delish sushi restaurant we hit in Bradford... don't worry - I stayed away from the raw fish this time and enjoyed avocado and cucumber rolls along with gyozas... I can always find something fried on a menu. ;)

Friends :)
Wednesday I made the most of the day running errands in the sunshine. With success finally. I found a chair for the nursery so that was the last big piece to be purchased for that special room. My man finally hung up all the wall hangings this week, so it really looks like it's coming together. I'm not too concerned about having it perfect as the little one won't be too aware of the surroundings for awhile yet! Just mama.

Thursday I met up with two friends (the Creative Team from the shower) and we lounged at the park while the kids played. There was a strong breeze so it didn't feel too hot... it was perfect. So perfect in fact, that I foolishly burnt my legs to a crisp! ouch. I guess they hadn't seen the light of day since last summer, so didn't hold up as well as my arms and face to the sun. The burn has at least given me a reason to be patient for a few more days hoping labour holds off until the pain dies down a bit... ;)  Otherwise, it really was a perfect few hours in the sunshine with friends. Very relaxing.

And then today! I was out for breakfast with two friends and their kids before going back to the same park for awhile... another perfect few hours (though I covered up a bit more today!)... I could really get used to this life!

I wish I had some pictures to capture these beautiful days, but... I'm far too lazy to get my camera out and listen to people say "Oh no... please don't take my picture!" :)

So, while we wait for our little family to grow from two to three, and answer the same question every couple minutes ("No - no baby yet... still not my due date... could be 2 more weeks!", I will enjoy this little down time... and pray the baby doesn't grow too much more in there while we wait!

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see a pic of the finished (almost) room. You don't have to worry, it won't say "Oh no... please don't take my picture!" :). lol

    hugs
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you :)