March 14, 2010

Milestone Moment

So, we were married on July 2, 2007... and today, March 14, 2010 we submitted our order for our wedding album!! Talk about loooong overdue... it's sad when the photographers have to keep hounding you to see if you're ready to do your final draft! :) We sent the email off with our final changes; now we get to wait for the final product... and I am excited! I love looking at our wedding pictures and reliving that wonderful day when I married my best friend... it was such a fun day (minus the long walk to join my man) and I am so thankful to God for having Evan in my life. :)

Enough mush? ;)

So beyond the exciting moment of pressing "send" on that email, I had a great weekend. I attended my first Beth Moore Lifeway event here in Toronto Friday night and Saturday morning. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I found the ministry to fit me so well... 3300 women (and a few brave men) were in that arena looking to go away refreshed - recharged... and the message God gave Beth to deliver to us was SO relevant to any age group there...  Her theme was "God is up to something New" based on Is 43:18-19 (and a whole bunch of other scriptures she drew together)... I just wish you all could have been there to hear it, because there's no way I can relay her points to you the way she drove them home with me. But one thing I know, I am ready to stop looking back... I'm ready to move on... and I'm ready to let God do His thing and see what new thing He does in my life! Another time, when my computer battery isn't about to go blank, I may share a few of the eye-opening points that hit me - that I left mulling over in my mind... and praying for God to develop the Truth in me  - to cause me to see things in a new way - HIS way.

As a closing remark - we found out last night through the LPM Blog that one of the MALE security guards working the event trusted Christ as his Saviour!! I found that so thrilling - Praise God! How great His salvation... :) That news was definitely the "cherry on top" of a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you :)