January 5, 2011

Waiting...

I know this post should be a recap of our Christmas holidays, but that will just have to wait...

My day has been a regular day at work... until about 57 minutes ago. I took a quick peak at Facebook and found out that my friend, Jersey Girl, is at the hospital! Normally the word "hospital" has a negative connotation to it, but not this time... this sent me loopy with excitement (well, as loopy you can be at work in an exhaustive state)...

So, I have to write here... or I will drive everyone nuts on Facebook by posting a million times with each new wave of excitement that washes over me! Be very thankful...

Jersey Girl's due date is... TODAY. How often do you hear of a baby being born ON the due date?? Not often at all. But it looks like this just might happen... she's been having contractions since early this morning so I'm guessing from the news that she finally went to the hospital means things were speeding up... and for her sake I hope and pray so!

This whole birthing thing really terrifies me... if I stop and think about it for any length of time that is. I know, millions of women give birth all the time. Sometimes, yes, there are complications... but most often, all goes ok with a healthy crying baby at the end of it. This is my prayer for Jersey Girl and her husband (and... for us when June comes!).

I've been telling Jersey Girl that I wanted to know when things started happening... I don't care about the minute-by-minute play, but I thought I wanted to know when she was in labour. What was I thinking??? I've only known for about an hour now, and the wait is killing me!! I'm so glad I didn't know earlier today that she was having contractions - I wouldn't have been very productive at work! :)

So... wait I will... for as long as is necessary... I'm so excited for them and can't wait to hear if this is a little boy or girl. I've had a sneak preview of the names, so at least that's one less thing to wait for...

This is another time it would be great to be a guy.... they don't obsess about these types of things. Typically. They don't wait and wait for news.... they hear initially, then "forget", and then hear the big news when the times comes! Lucky men. :)

Oh, and tomorrow is Jersey Girl's birthday.... what a gift this is!

(just refreshed my Facebook page... and checked my phone for text messages... no news yet... ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you :)