November 21, 2012

Multitude Mon...err...Wednesday

I realize today is Wednesday, but since I am still thankful despite missing my Monday post, I didn't think it'd hurt to bend the "rules"... ;)

91 - I am thankful for this study of James that I'm doing, even though it is super challenging/convicting!  Spending almost a week focused on James 1:19-27 (being quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to become angry; what pure religion is in God's eyes; the folly of favouritism; being not only a hearer but a DOER...) is sure to hit a number of sore spots we might wish to keep buried... Here's just one quote from the notes that really struck home for me concerning James 1:23-24:
 "We can underline our Bibles til our pens run dry without a drop of ink splattering our lives.  
The self-deception slithers in when we mistake appreciation for application or being touched with being CHANGED. ..... 
The Word of God, however, is meant to do more than penetrate. It is meant to activate!"

Oh, I can't stop there... here's one more related to James 1:27's command to keep oneself from being polluted by the world... and about the challenge of serving actively, openly and humbly right in this world and its pollution... how do we keep from smelling like it??:
"With serious discipline and determination.  With Courage and deep conviction. With a large daily dose of the Holy Spirit... You don't live this kind of life accidentally.  You make up your mind who you want to be and daily die to the rest.  You surrender yourself to living in the tension where you'll always be stretched and often be broken.  Religion pure and undefiled is grit without the grime.  You accept that far easier ways to live exist, but you were born for nothing less.  
And when we sniff ourselves and smell the world, we run to the One who can wash us!

92 - Starbuck's Holiday Drinks Buy One Get One Free...  needless to say, we took advantage of that sweet promotion.

93 - AJ is loving his crib more and more...  makes his wake-ups and going down for naps and bedtimes much more enjoyable!

94 - A delicious turkey dinner with friends on Saturday night... since we didn't get the "real deal" for our Canadian Thanksgiving, we thoroughly enjoyed our friend's feast! YUMMMM.

95 - My good friends in Halifax had a healthy baby boy! 

96 - A phone call from my friend with all the birth details... it was so nice to touch base and to hear her "mama-in-love"descriptions :)

97 - My friends' blogs sharing their incredible walks of faith (and testing)... it is such an encouragement to me to read of their obedience and to see God working so blatantly in their lives... makes me wonder what each of our lives would be like if we allowed the Holy Spirit to work so freely through us! It challenges me and makes me want more... more of Christ and His power in my life. 

98 - Only 9 weeks until my due date! We're down to single digits here...  (I know, it's likely 10.5 weeks in reality, but right now, I'm just aiming for the due date!)

99 - Packing 4 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child with our little Monday night bible study group! This is my first time participating in this outreach and I love it!

100 - So thankful for the peace we have in Canada... when you see the middle east violence and the pictures of the innocent children on both sides... heartbreaking. I don't want to take our peace for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you :)