May 21, 2010

Buyer's Panic?

So... I've gone and done it. After reading for months and growing more confused by the day, I went with the Nikon D5000 .   Mainly because it was a toss up between that and the Canon Rebel T1i and the D5000 was on sale. :) And now I'm panicking. Did I make the right choice? Especially now that I find out the nice little inexpensive 50mm lens I want doesn't automatically focus and I would need to focus manually... how I missed the fact that the D5000 doesn't have an auto-focusing engine in its body and WHY that is important is beyond me ... well, not really - it just totally proves I don't have a *clue* what I'm talking (or reading) about!! :P

My only sanity-saving-grace is that I have two weeks to test this camera and if I change my mind, or really feel I'm in over my head, I can bring it back for a full refund. So I'll be very careful with it until I decide it's mine. Until then, if anyone can convince me it's worth spending a few extra $'s for the Canon (why does that name have such a comfortable ring to it??) than I might just do that. But for now, I'm enjoying the beautiful little (but not so little) machine in my possession. And I'm taking all tips, advice and training from anyone who uses a DSLR. :)

Hope you're all ready for the long weekend. I know I am! Another hour or so to go, and then I'm off to pack and join the traffic heading to Grand Bend. Enjoy everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you :)